You can treat your skin problems with your diet too. Glowing, healthy skin needs cleansing and moisturizing from the outside. However, you also need nourishment from inside by eating plenty of foods with nutrients that keep your complexion calm and provide support on the cellular level.
The latest research has come up with best foods for your skin and easy ways to add them to your favorite dishes. You can give them a try for a healthy complexion –
- Berries contain antioxidants, which neutralizes free radicals that may damage DNA of healthy skin cells. Blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries have highest antioxidant levels as compared to any other fruit. Antioxidants in berries and reduce an occurrence of UV damage.
- Omega-3s in flax seed and walnuts are other vital skin nutrients.
- Bell peppers give wonderful skin benefits. As they contain a high level of Vitamin C which is a critical nutrient for collagen production. Vitamin C also helps guard cells from damage caused by free radicals as these agents attack your cell’s DNA.
- Cherries can help slow down pigmentation and slow down the aging process.
- Lean protein for instance ground turkey offers the skin with the building blocks for collagen and elastin. These fibers make your skin look firm and wrinkle free. Research reveals that levels of zinc and niacin in ground turkey may also help treat inflammatory acne.
- Green tea is one of the most powerful drink which offers protection against damage from UV rays and helps prevent damage that can lead to cancer. Sipping green tea helps your skin fix itself and fights premature aging.
- Olive oil is a critical ingredient for healthy skin. It helps fight oxidation damage from the sun or pollution and prevents irritation. Frequent use of olive oil consumption helps hydrate your skin from the inside and is also a great beauty product.
- Meaty fish like salmon contains high levels of omega-3 fats which are known for their capability to fight inflammation, a process that leads to acne, premature aging, and irritation. Researchers have also found that oily fish like salmon can reduce psoriasis symptoms and reduces the risk of non-melanoma skin cancer.
- Spinach is another source of omega-3s. High levels of lutein from these greens give additional defense against damage caused by UV rays. Women who ate the greenest vegetables showed a decrease in skin wrinkling.
- Omega-3 fatty acids found in avocados are just one example of healthy fats, especially vital for those who want to avert fine lines and wrinkles. Omega-3 fatty acids reduce irritation that can lead to wrinkles and prevent collagen collapse. Vitamin E in avocados enhances the skin’s collagen production while sealing in essential moisture.
- Red meat is rich in the amino acids and proline, the mechanism necessary to produce collagen. It contains zinc as well, which is crucial for collagen building.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water every day and make sure you drink fluids, such as soups, juices, and herbal teas, to avoid dehydration.
- Sugar and refined carbohydrates, such as sodas, white bread, and pastries, can lead to premature wrinkles and aging skin. Hence, avoid their excess consumption.
You might have great skincare habits and take good care of your face but some factors are out of your control like genes and environmental pollutants that can wreak havoc even on the most flawless, healthy looking skin. Spa Elixir Cream is a new age-defying serum that is clinically proven to lift the skin, increase collagen production and reduce the signs of fine lines and wrinkles once and for all. Its all-natural formula works from the cells deep inside the skin to give a firming, plumping, and lifting effect and reduces wrinkles and fine lines. Spa Elixir Cream reduces deep lines and folds on the surface of the skin.