Skin care relates to practicing good habits. This can guard your skin against skin cancer, chapped skin, dryness, etc. Skin care need not be difficult or time-consuming; it can speedily become your second nature, like brushing your teeth. Protect your skin as it has an imperative role in protecting your body.
You can guard your skin against skin cancer, advanced aging and damage caused by UV rays; by following the below steps –
- Cover your skin by wearing long-sleeved shirts and full pants.
- Try to stay indoors when the sun is intense i.e. between 10 am to 3 pm.
- Use sunscreen every day and reapply when required.
- Keep yourself hydrated, as it prevents your skin from becoming flaky or chapped.
- Go for a hot or warm shower for 5 to 10 mins. Do not stay in the water for longer hours as it may lead to dry skin.
- Use the most suitable moisturizing cream for your skin type and apply it right after drying off from your bath.
- Do not share your towels, lip balms or toothbrush with anyone.
- Avoid touching your face with your fingers or with your cell phone as the bacteria can lead to acne and other skin problems.
- Wash your face twice daily with warm water and a mild cleanser.
- Rinse thoroughly to make sure all the soap is taken off.
- Dry your skin and then apply your moisturizing cream.
- Pamper your skin with good nourishing diet from within.
- Visit your dermatologist if you notice any unusual changes or growth on your skin.
Using skin care products that gives ultraviolet protection is one of the finest ways to protect your skin. Ultraviolet rays emitted by the sun causes numerous types of skin injury:
- Age spots
- Skin cancer
Cigarettes contain nicotine, which limits the blood vessels to the farthest layer of the skin and decreases blood flow. The reduction in blood flow results in less oxygen and fewer nutrients from reaching the skin this means the skin fiber is damaged. Smoking raises the risk of at least one type of skin cancer and deteriorates existing skin conditions, such as psoriasis.
Fish, olive oil, nuts, fruits, and vegetables along with a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids, will help reduce irritation in the body and promote the maintenance of the skin barrier. The skin may also get enhanced because the diet restrictions of foods with high glycemic load, such as white bread and sugary products, are linked to spots and aging. Rich in antioxidant tomatoes, leafy green vegetables, and other plant-based foods helps fight the harm caused by free radicals and prevent wrinkles.
Non-healing wounds and soreness have been linked with a higher risk of skin cancer in that particular area. Hence, meet your dermatologist and get the right treatment instead of becoming your own doctor.
Physical activity for 30 minutes a day can help reduce anxiety and regulate cortisol levels in the body; it also increases blood flow, which gives the skin a healthy glow. These simple daily commandments if followed can give you a healthy complexion and reduce your risk of skin cancer.
Everyone is eager to look younger than their age and reverse the effects of time on skin and other telling features. You can try Spa Elixir Cream, an anti-wrinkle cream that reduces and prevents the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines without Botox.